Greenway School, Uxbridge
- Secondary modern school just outside Uxbridge. It was where my first group of friends attended and where out earliest rehearsals with
Blue Goose took place. It was also where the entire membership of our fan club were based.
- Steve Pullen
- Best friend at the time. Lived just down the road from me which is how we met. I met all the others from the Greenway thru him.
Steve was also the drummer in our band Blue Goose. We played 3 gigs, 2 of them at the Greenway school dances where we played
during the interval. The Sceptres were the main group and just to prove it here
is a ticket from our second gig, back in October 1968. Truth be told we weren't that good. We started off playing stuff
like "High Heel Sneakers" and "Baby Come Back". The band was originally
me(rhythm), Steve(drums), Orange(vocals), plus bass and lead whose names escape me. Before our first gig we
had a change in the line-up, Orange went and a guy called Viv joined. Viv played guitar and keyboards, and was good.
The Sceptres actually tried to poach him from us to join them on a cruise. Viv decided that he would only go if we all went; he'd join
The Sceptres and we would be the support band. This however was a non starter as both Steve and I had just started proper jobs and were
unwilling to just give them up and go. Looking back I can't believe I said no. OK so the Sceptres hadn't actually agreed but for a few days
I could have been "in showbiz". We started doing Viv's original stuff mixed with a little Velvet Underground. Unfortunately our
originals weren't! One of them took the music from one Who song and added words based on another Who song. So we didn't last.
Didn't even make any money. We got paid for one gig but that cash went to the local music shop who had lent us a load of gear.
Last I heard of Steve he was still married to Anita and living near Heathrow.
- Robert (Orange) Ford
- Really Steve's friend. Didn't know him very well. He was the original vocalist with Blue Goose
but didn't survive the early personnel changes.
- Sheehan Paramour
- Sorry Sheehan, I just can't remember how to spell your name. We were friends for a while when we were 16/17. He came with me to my
first trip to Middle Earth. I remember once when the Beatles' White Album had just been released, Sheehan was trying to impress a girl,
so we played Birthday down the phone and pretended it was our band. Not sure whether it worked or not.
- Nicky AKA Ben AKA David Bendal, lived more or less opposite Hornbill Close. Still not absolutely sure what his real name was.
Other pages you can visit, assuming you can stand the excitement:
- Me - back to the "all about me" page.
- Macaulay Primary School - stuff about Macaulay, obviously! And to encourage you, there are more photos of places and
names of people. Bet you can't wait!!!
- Archbishop Tenison's - can you guess what this is? Correct! Well done. But did you know that it also contains
a link where I talk about something I did for the first time? Definitely worth a click.
- The Railway Arms - my local.
- Work - the curse of the drinking classes Oscar Wilde. A brief wiz through
one or two of my early jobs. Well, why not? I had to endure them so why shouldn't you???
- Home - Back up to the main home page.